It was a dark & stormy night…and I was way too lazy to go out to grab dinner. Time to raid the pantry and see what I could rustle up. Turns out I had the ingredients for a makeshift minestrone soup!
- 1 bag of mixed frozen vegetables (Whole Foods Mediterranean blend of zucchini, yellow squash, carrots & onion)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cup chicken stock (or bullion cubes)
- 2 cubes of the Dorot frozen minced garlic
- dash of dried oregano & basil
- dash of salt & pepper
- ½ cup of elbow macaroni
- 1 can of white beans (turns out I only had Garbanzo/chickpeas but it tasted fine in the soup)
I just dumped the first 6 ingredients into a dutch oven pot and brought to a boil. I then added the macaroni and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes, until the pasta was almost al dente. Then I added the can of beans and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes until the pasta was done and the beans warmed.