Although one of the most complex projects I’ve ever worked on, this video program was great fun as I grew close to my colleagues on the film shoot road trip and learned a lot about leading a project from start to finish.
We were hired by a pharmaceutical client to create an educational interactive video program about a new drug indication. Given a very tight timeline and limited resources, I was challenged to expand my skills from commissioning key-opinion leaders to working the camera lights. Being part of the entire campaign from the RFP pitch to DVD production gave me valuable insight on the industry.
I oversaw a process that included:
- working with the salesperson with her RFP pitch
- creating and maintaining the project budget & schedule
- initial kick-off meeting with the client to introduce myself to the entire team, as well as ensure we’re all on the same page
- managing our editorial writing team and taking the lead on commissioning the key-opinion leaders that appear in the video
- liaising between our creative production team and the client to ensure the program’s design was user-friendly and fit the scope
- planning & managing all the on-site film shoots (including being the make-up lady!)
- attending the client medical-legal-regulatory review sessions and coordinating the approval procedures
- negotiating with vendors on the DVD production and shipping to the client warehouse